It’s six short of six
He said
Something wrong
He said
You’re not you
He said
We both knew it
In our hearts
It was time
To bid away our time
Because it would never be
The time
That we wanted it to be
It is six today
So much to have been said
Yet nothing
Only this world
With the bottle of whiskey half done
With the pillowcase half crinkled
With the mirror half hand-stamped
Me - halved
And this world
I find so hard to step out of
I keep gripping my skin
In the places he did
So the marks wouldn’t leave
Because everything else did
His words
His gaze
His promises
He
They ask me
What was so extraordinary
Was it in the ways he loved you
Or in the ways he didn’t
Neither
It was in the laughter
Only we could laugh - together
It was in the words
Only we could comprehend - together
It was in the rituals
Only we knew to show up for - together
And yet
It was in knowing
When he said
I’ll wait for you
That we’d both be waiting
And wanting
Forever
For a forever
That was never going to be
Some would say I stole
I would say I borrowed
A little time
A little trance
A little tranquility
To last a lifetime
This world
We called ours
Till about six short of six
.d
No comments:
Post a Comment