Saturday 17 May 2014

Why It Wasn't You and I...

We trod the same path. Yes.
But much later did I realise that it was different directions we had been walking along 
It was destiny.
To Approach.
To meet.
To collide.
To walk away.
And not stay.
Destiny, we couldn't deny.

I flipped through the pages to find one that ultimately brought us together
Too naive to realise our tales were inked apart.

So many things gone wrong
So many conflicts in our hearts
Yet intellects clashing too often
Led me to think
Was it really meant to be?

Finding answers in those questions 
I choose to walk away 
To clear the mess 
And suppress the tempest.

Perhaps, wisely enough to discover some day 
This was the safest we could play 
When this path that we walk brings us to stand facing each other once again
And we look into each others' eyes
To find those faces 
That make us realise 
Why we had to bear goodbyes 
Why it wasn't me and you 
And, why it wasn't you and I.

– Divya 








No comments:

Post a Comment