Tuesday 8 July 2014

With Life or Without

Trees bend down from their alley
The dry rain pours
Green mountains fade to grey
As I flinch at the sight of time running ahead of me
Moving along the road wishing I could stop
Chase the moments racing away
And forever hold on to my fistful sands of time.

But all I hold on to is a consciousness clogged with memories of the past 
Memories, that are boulders on the road to the future
Memories, that drain out the rivers of the present
I try to escape the blades
And let my hair down to the shady clouds of reality.

But they say that to live is to stand to, for and by the truth,
So tell me, 
Is it worth the fight
To wall the tides of time
For those who slaughter your souls 
When you present to them a part of yourselves
For those in whose self consummation 
You find your selflessness
Would've still grabbed them by the arm without doubt 
Only if they knew if I was with life or without.

– Divya Rathi

No comments:

Post a Comment