Wednesday 25 May 2016

Rationale

Rationale has ruled us longer, perhaps, than the era of colonisation.
For good, some would say,
While along with others I'd beg to differ, 
Differ for I have known logic to have slain surreal dreams for realistic ones,
And drifted apart in a sense, science from art. 

They would say I was poetic until I wasn't anymore,
And this, because one fine day I chose to believe life came with more thorns than roses.
The strength with which I bore the belief made it hard for me to look forth, 
I now stood on my own two feet bouldering the hallway of my imagination that once knew no bounds.

I chained myself to look at pigments rather than hues,
To feel the Mercury rather than warmth,
To study psychologies rather than endearing emotions.
With the concretes of my pragmatism I let the nature of my being be devastated. 

This we but allow to happen to each of us,
Be consumed by rejections and failures,
Forgoing the heritage of our visions at the behest of the concretes of our cognition. 
And hence the education that was meant to empower the existence ends up instead, shooting bullets right into the soul of our souls. 

Grow by leaps and bounds, I do not argue against that, 
But do not let the magnificence of achievement diminish the power of belief.
Believe still in the early morning dreams and believe in the ballads of ethereal romance, 
For the essence of what you are lies in what you can see beyond the proven and documented.

I decide now, to hold my pen up again, and firm
Break free of all barriers of judgement before they engulf me into a lifetime of captivity and lull. 
Stirring my volition away from the accustomed, I lead myself into seeing more than the visible, 
And with that, I'm a poet again.

-- Divya Rathi

2 comments:

  1. Amazing piece of poetry this, a lucid read. Somewhere, I could relate, your words and my memories intertwined at places. Keep writing, keep inspiring. - Rishi

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'ballads of ethereal romance' - I loved it!❤️

    ReplyDelete