Tuesday 24 January 2017

Discovery

I went all out
Looked for salvage 
I came too far to escape reality and dodge expectation
But the demon is there
Following me around 
Replacing my shadow with itself 
I look for middle ground 

I run 
As far as I can 
I be 
As swift as I could
Until a dead end shows up in front of my eyes 

Blank. An infinity of quiet and gray
A quiet bereft of peace shouting out to the hollows of my soul 
I turn around 
The demon stands tall in all his might 

I cant take this. Except. I must.
No. No fear. No panic. No frenzy. No dismay. 
This is the part where you pull off your guards yet hold them strong
Face the thunder and fight the waves 

I shut my eyes and mother speaks 
Sailors are made of storms, she screams
And beyond the demon lay 
The way, the destination and white filtered off the gray 

And in that duel with the dark 
I lead myself to an encounter with
who I used to be and who I must become  
I finally know who I am, to where I head,
from where I come

From your perspective 
I was a gold digger 
What better a treasure 
Than finding myself 
In letting myself lose you. 

–Divya Rathi

1 comment:

  1. As far as I know you, you can be a 'gold giver', but never a 'gold digger'. You have got everything already, remember, there're some cracks in our heart which can never be healed, but also remember, these cracks made the person who you are today. Happy that you found yourself in losing him. 😊

    ReplyDelete